- 3⁄4 cup (175mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 bricks of cream cheese (about 225g each), room temperature
- 3 cups (375g) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp (10mL) liquid vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) freshly grated ginger
- pinch of salt
Place butter in bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and beat until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes more. Add sugar, vanilla, ginger, and salt, and beat for 5 minutes, until smooth. Makes a very generous quantity; you can freeze leftover icing if you wish.
Related Recipe: Rhubarb, Beet and Pecan Cake